supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
FVA Funding Application Clinic (Leven)
When: 1.00pm-4.00pm, Friday 08 December 2017 Where: The Greig Institute, Forth Street, Leven, KY8 4PF This event is being organised by Fife Voluntary Action This particular event is free to attend, so no payment is required.
It is too late to book a place for this particular session, sorry about that.
Fife Voluntary Action is running a series of free-to-attend sessions aimed at providing local third sector organisations the best possible chance of securing and properly managing funding. This may be to develop an exciting new project, to take on an asset, or simply to cover the core costs of running your organisation.
Our Capacity Building team has extensive experience of leveraging funding into the third sector, helping Fife organisations secure well over £1 million in each of the last two years.
These sessions are aimed at organisations who have identified a suitable funder and are in the process of completing an application. We will provide advice and guidance on how to complete your application, ensuring you include all the relevant information to demonstrate to funders how you meet the criteria of their funding objectives. Whilst we cannot guarantee success with your application, we can ensure that it is as robust as possible to provide you with the greatest chance of success. We will also ensure your supporting governance documents are to the required standard so they won’t disqualify you from the funding application process.
Attendance at these free one-hour 1:1 workshops is strictly by appointment only. Up to three people from your organisation can attend.
By attending one of these sessions and working with our team, we hope that you will be better able to:
• Secure relevant funding for your organisation’s projects, whatever size they may be
• Understand and meet the monitoring and administrative requirements of funding awards
• Identify and resolve any gaps in your governance and capacity, and plan for getting your organisation funding-ready
Attending one of our sessions may only be the first step in a longer process, but we’re here to help you every step of the way
Who should attend?
Those involved in the management of third sector organisations that need support with:
• Completing applications for funding
• Managing the monitoring and administrative requirements of funding awards
• Ensuring your organisation’s governance is appropriate for the levels required to be an outstanding candidate for funding
What you need to bring
You should bring with you copies of the following:
• Your governing document (constitution or articles of association)
• Your funding application form
• Your funders' guidance notes
• Your most recent set of annual accounts
• Any business or development plan
• Any funding applications completed by you recently, whether or not submitted and/or successful
• Any other documents relevant to the project that you are seeking to fund
• A notepad and pen
If you're unable to bring all of these with you, that’s okay—although please remember that it may impact on the support that we are immediately able to provide.
What to expect
A member of our Capacity Building team will discuss your project with you, answering any questions that you might have and support you with completing forms.
Where you need a little more support to get you to a level where you meet funders’ criteria for accessing their funding, we will work with you to identify what needs to happen and help you to deliver any changes needed first.
I can’t make any of these sessions – what should I do?
We’re always happy to meet with third sector organisations in Fife. If you can’t get along to any of these sessions, but feel that you would like support with funding, governance or any other issues affecting your group then please contact us using the details provided below to discuss your requirements and how we may be able to support you.